The majority of loyal Houston Texans fans braced for impact when the 2021 season came into focus. Years upon years of terrible decisions decimated the roster, front office and team culture... all in the name of culture, ironically enough. For those who didn’t really get how bad it was going to be, let’s take a look at the stats so far.
Houston Texans Team Stats - 2021
Offensive Passing Stats:
- 30th in passing, with 215 attempts, 142 completions for 6.8 yards per attempt.
- 28th in passing yards with 1463.
- 25th (tied) in passing touchdowns with 8.
- 7th in interceptions thrown with 7.
- 27th in passer rating at 84.3.
- 29th in passing 1st downs with 65
In ~1.5 games with Tyrod Taylor, the Texans scored 6 offensive TDs.— Mike Clay (@MikeClayNFL) October 25, 2021
In ~5.5 games with Davis Mills, the Texans scored 5 offensive TDs.
Offensive Rushing Stats:
- 15th with 172 rushing attempts
- 28th with 565 rushing yards
- 32nd with 3.3 average yards per carry
- 30th with 3 rushing touchdowns
- 32nd in rushing 1st downs with 24
Offensive Scoring Stats:
- 31st in total touchdowns scored with 11
The Texans rank 28th in the NFL with an average of 7.3 penalties per game and 26th overall with 64.9 yards of penalties per week.— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) October 26, 2021
Defensive Passing Stats:
- 29th in opponents yards per attempt at 8.5
- 22nd in total air yards given up with 1724
- 17th in passing touchdowns given up with 12
- 8th in interceptions with 7
- 17th in opponent passer rating at 98.6
- 18th in passing 1st downs given up with 85
- 13th in total sacks with 14
Defensive Rushing Stats:
- 30th in rushing yards relinquished at 1020
- 28th (tied) in average yards per opponents carry at 4.7
- 32nd in rushing touchdowns given up at 12
- 30th in rushing 1st downs given up with 58
- 26th in rushing forced fumbles at 4
Key Individual Stats:
- Davis Mills ranks 30th in total passing yards with 1,047
- Mills ranks 47th in yards per completion at 6.1
- Mills ranks 38th in completion percentage at .649
- Mills ranks 29th in passing touchdowns with 5
- Mark Ingram, Houston’s leading rusher, ranks 30th with 294 rushing yards, averaging only 3.19 yards per carry
- Brandin Cooks ranks 6th in receptions with 45
- Cooks ranks 16th with 502 receiving yards
- Cooks has 1 touchdown so far, tied with a slew of other near the bottom
- Christian Kirksey leads the team with 51 combined tackles, ranking 22nd in the league
- Jonathan Greenard ranks 5th (tied) in sacks with 6
- Lonnie Johnson Jr. is tied for 3rd in interceptions with 3
"He's rushing his butt off."— Drew Dougherty (@DoughertyDrew) October 25, 2021
2 more sacks on Sunday for Jonathan Greenard.
He now has 6 in 5 games this season.https://t.co/qPGiHM4JuH
- Ka’imi Fairbairn ranks 12th (tied) in field goals made. This rankings seem decent on the surface, but there are 30 kickers who have made more field goals than Fairbairn this season.
- The Texans rank 32nd in net points with -106
- Houston (97) and the New York Jets (80) are the only teams in the league to score under 100 points so far this season.
At least H-Town sports fans have the Astros.
Will the Astros score more runs in game 1 than the amount of points the Texans have scored?— Michael Schwab (@michaelschwab13) October 24, 2021