The Texans’ dysfunction and organizational turmoil will not end. Jack Easterby’s bloodlust is infinite.
- Brian Gaine was fired abruptly during the 2019 offseason.
- The Texans failed to hire Nick Caserio.
- Matt Kalil was once expected to be a starting left tackle.
- Jadeveon Clowney was traded after the contract extension deadline for franchise-tagged players.
- Houston’s future was mortgaged for Laremy Tunsil.
- DeAndre Hopkins was secretly on the trade block for an entire year before he was exchanged for an old running back.
- J.J. Watt and Bill O’Brien had a screaming match on the practice field.
- O’Brien was fired after an 0-4 start, a decision Cal McNair was goaded into by Easterby,
- Easterby prayer circles and you-got-this notes were placed in lockers.
- Cal McNair lied to Deshaun Watson.
- Houston hired Nick Caserio and David Culley.
- Watson requested a trade.
- Jamey Rootes stepped down.
- Watt is a free agent after asking for and receiving his release.
It’s a long list, and it’s a list that is still incomplete. The Texans’ errors and drama over the last eighteen months are infinite. Another one of the lesser known components of this list of failure is the Texans’ decision to fire their VP of Communications, Amy Palcic. I’ve never talked to Amy. I don’t know Amy. I’ve never watched her film. But everyone on the internet has nothing but good things to say about her.
Amy has bounced back quickly, as it’s been announced she will lead the Jaguars’ communication team this season.
Jaguars coach Urban Meyer announced that @amypalcic formerly of the Texans has been hired as the new lead of their communications team.— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) February 23, 2021
The Jaguars will not only have Trevor Lawrence; they’ll also have the best transcripts and clear instructions regarding media availability.