It’s Draft Week. Time to dust off those #LonnieJohnsonSZN hashtags, get excited for Treston Decoud, and lament the lack of a first and second round pick because of Laremy Tunsil. After this weekend, the Texans will have a new collection of young men playing football for them.
There will be trades. There will be immediate reactions. There will be grades. There will be moods and vibes. Before then, there will be mock drafts and prayer circles that your favorite prospects will fall to the third round.
Of all the mocks, the seven round mock draft is a new addition to the library and one that Texans fans should relish this season. Dane Brugler with The Athletic put together his own seven round mock draft. You can read the entire mock draft here. He had the Texans making the following selections:
67. Houston Texans – Dyami Brown, WR, North Carolina
109. Houston Texans – Rashad Weaver, edge, Pittsburgh
147. Houston Texans – Talanoa Hufanga, DS, USC
158. Houston Texans – Ernest Jones, LB, South Carolina
195. Houston Texans – Drake Jackson, OC, Kentucky
203. Houston Texans – Khyiris Tonga, DT, BYU
212. Houston Texans – Jared Hocker, OG, Texas A&M
233. Houston Texans – Camryn Bynum, CB, California
It’s best player available all day for the Texans here. For a team with numerous holes and weaknesses, the entire roster is a point of emphasis. Brugler took the correct approach by adding players all across the football field in an attempt to improve the roster. Houston’s most valuable selection at #67 is a wide receiver, which is still a need, despite Brandin Cooks, Randall Cobb, Keke Coutee, and the horde of veterans they added this offseason.
At least they have David Johnson.