Training camp. That improbable calendar milestone. Something never thought to be possible during the shriveled February storm. But, now, look at us. Here we are. Teams throughout the league reported to their headquarters last weekend, and this week practices kick off.
As you know, the Texans have closed their doors only to season ticket holders, to hold practice in front of sycophants only so the narrative can be controlled exactly to their liking. Heaven forbid someone shows up to camp with a FIRE EASTERBY sign. The Texans are also having multiple practices that aren’t open to the ‘public’ as well. Here’s the full list for the 2021 season:
- Wednesday, July 28 at 9 a.m.
- Thursday, July 29 at 9 a.m.
- Friday, July 30 at 9 a.m.
- Saturday, July 31 at 9 a.m. (open for exclusive event)
- Monday, Aug. 2 at 9 a.m. (open to the public)
- Tuesday, Aug. 3 at 9 a.m. (open to the public)
- Wednesday, Aug. 4 at 9 a.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 5 at 9 a.m.
- Friday, Aug. 6 at 9 a.m. (open to the public)
- Saturday, Aug. 7 at 7 p.m. (open to the public)
- Monday, Aug. 9 at 9 a.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 10 at 9 a.m. (open for an excluvie event)
- Wednesday, Aug. 11 at 9 a.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 12 at 9 a.m.
- Monday, Aug. 16 at 9 a.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 17 at 9 a.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 18 at 9 a.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 19 at 9 a.m.
- Monday, Aug. 23 at 9 a.m.
- Tuesday, Aug. 24 at 9 a.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 25 at 9 a.m.
- Thursday, Aug. 26 at 9 a.m.
In addition to this, Houston plays preseason games against Green Bay on August 14th at 7 p.m., against Dallas on August 21st at 7 p.m., and at home against Tampa Bay on August 28th at 7 p.m. Then they kick off the season against Jacksonville on September 12th at 12 p.m.
In the meantime we’ll have open threads for practices so you can follow along through the same Twitter feed, as catches are made, and beat reporters notice good and happy things, like Kahale Warring’s biceps.