Ah, roster cut week. So much fun, they used to have it for two weeks. Then one week. Now it’s kind-of-sort-of-back-to-two-weeks-but-teams-cut-players-at-any-time-because-the-more-the-sadder kind of schedule.
Thus far, we’ve been tracking the Texans roster predictions through Rosterology. Now, we get to see the real thing unfold and it’s a lot less predictable than expected. There will surely be more notable players cut in the coming hours, but here’s a list of players who the Texans could eye to add onto their own 53 man roster, as the following players have been released by other NFL teams.
- RT Tyrell Crosby, Detroit Lions
- OL Michael Schofield, Baltimore Ravens
- DE Curtis Weaver, Cleveland Browns
- DB Clayton Geathers, Tennessee Titans
- DE Taco Charlton, Kansas City Chiefs
- RB Bo Scarbrough, Las Vegas Raiders
- WR Marcell Ateman, Las Vegas Raiders
- RB Kerryon Johnson, Philadelphia Eagles
- CB Prince Amukamara, New Orleans Saints
- RB Ito Smith, Arizona Cardinals
- DB Tony Jefferson, San Francisco 49ers
- CB Pierre Desir, Seattle Seahawks
Partially because this list is so dauntingly long, here is a list of former Texans who have been cut. This list itself may be the topic of its own post in a week or so.
- LB Benardrick McKinney, Miami Dolphins
- LB Tyrell Adams, Buffalo Bills
- TE Kahale Warring (yes, he was signed and cut by the Patriots)
- OL Malcolm Pridgeon, Pittsburgh Steelers
- LB John Simon, Tennessee Titans
- LB Peter Kalambayi, Denver Broncos
- LB Davin Bellamy, Los Angeles Chargers
- RB Lamar Miller, Washington Football Team
- WR Jester Weah, Chicago Bears
- WR Chad Hansen, Detroit Lions
- OT Rick Leonard, Washington Football Team
- RB Troymaine Pope, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
- Eddie Vanderdoes, San Francisco 49ers
The excitement, anticipation, and tragedy of cuts is the turning point where the offseason ends and the regular season begins. If you aren’t already strapped in for a long ride, you should probably find your buckle, put up that tray table, and while we’re at it, grab that oxygen mask. The NFL season is here. Let’s find out who will be on the Texans for it.