The Texans may have a winnable game, but the team is very banged up, and they are only one game into their 17 game schedule. Here is a look at Friday’s injury report:
Did Not Participate:
- Left Tackle Laremy Tunsil (Knee) QUESTIONABLE
- Safety Jalen Pitre (Chest) OUT
- Safety Jimmie Ward (Hip) OUT
- Linebacker Neville Hewitt (Illness) QUESTIONABLE
- Quarterback C.J Stroud (Shoulder) QUESTIONABLE
- Safety Grayland Arnold (Hamstring)
- Right Tackle George Fant (Shoulder)
- Linebacker Denzel Perryman (Ankle / Wrist)
- Tight End Dalton Schultz (Thigh)
- Wide Receiver Robert Woods (Rest Day)
- Running Back Dare Ogunbowale (Hamstring)
- Wide Receiver John Metchie III (Hamstring)
- Linebacker Blake Cashman (Hamstring)
Most Texans fans knew that starting safeties Jalen Pitre and Jimmie Ward were heading towards missing this upcoming game, but left tackle Laremy Tunsil, along with quarterback C.J Stroud is a surprise.
Tunsil did not practice on Wednesday, practiced on a limited basis on Thursday, and did not practice on Friday, his status for Sunday is up in the air. As for Stroud, the talented rookie quarterback popped up on the injury report on Friday, and is now questionable for Sunday, due to a shoulder injury.
The shoulder injury is not considered serious, and Stroud will push to play on Sunday, according to NFL Reporter Aaron Wilson. The backup would be Davis Mills if Stroud were to miss the game.
On #Texans rookie quarterback C.J. Stroud, per league source, didn't do much today at practice to rest sore right, throwing shoulder, but is expected to try to play against #Colts If Stroud (questionable, limited) can't go, Davis Mills will step in against #Colts— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) September 15, 2023