Your Houston Texans announced the jersey numbers their rookies and newly acquired veterans will wear in 2020 via a tweet this morning.
If you can’t make out the graphic, here are the numbers the Texans’ drafted rookies will sport on their jerseys in their first NFL season:
- #90: Ross Blacklock (following in the footsteps of former high profile Texans draft picks Mario Williams, Jadeveon Clowney, and Terrance Martin)
- #52: Jonathan Greenard (I am personally offended they have not retired this jersey in honor of my beloved Xavier Adibi, a player I once said, out loud, reminded me of DeMeco Ryans)
- #67: Charlie Heck (Pro Football Reference says Cody White once wore #67 for the Texans...that’s all I got)
- #34: John Reid (with hard work and a bit of luck, perhaps the rookie out of Penn State can one day stand among the Houston legends who also proudly wore this number—Earl Campbell, Nolan Ryan, Hakeem Olajuwon, and Von Hutchins)
- #82: Isaiah Coulter (let us hope the rookie from Rhode Island fares better in these digits than another speedy wide receiver the Texans selected in the middle rounds of the NFL Draft, Keshawn Martin)
With that, you may commence fashioning your homemade jerseys.